100+ COLORS: We offer 100+ colors of Bainbridge® Alphamat® Artcare™ matboard in any custom dimensions. Artcare™ archival matboard is a museum-quality preservation matboard that is both fade and bleed resistant, with color consistency for colors that stay true for the life of your art.
COLOR REPRESENTATION NOTE: The represented color of our digital matboard swatches will vary slightly between different computer monitors and/or browsers. Request a sample of any matboard colors that you are interested in if color accuracy is critical.
SWATCH BORDERS NOTE: Borders have been added to our matboard swatches to differentiate them from the website background.
Bainbridge® Alphamat® Artcare™ Matboard
Only Artcare™ goes beyond the basics of preservation to provide the highest level of archival protection available. It effectively shields against the pollutants and acid by-products that fade, discolor and damage artwork.
- Features Artcare™ technology which actually extends the life of art by containing molecular traps.
- Synthesized specifically for adsorption of air pollution gases and degradative by-products of artwork and photographic media.
- 100% virgin alpha cellulose.
- Fade and bleed resistant.
- Buffered to maintain alkaline pH.
- Acid free and lignin free.
- Has a white core.
Archival spacers can be added to build up mats for pastel artwork so that if any stray particles from the art are released over time, they will fall behind the mat. Clear spacers are also available for matless pastel framing. The cost of this additional service can be found on our price charts.